Clairemont High School Baseball team is holding its fourth annual Bomb-A-Thon and alumni game.
The Bomb-A-Thon is a fundraising event specifically for the Clairemont High School Baseball Team. It is a hitting contest where distance counts. Both the Junior Varsity and Varsity baseball teams are heading out to the community this month to solicit donations from friends, family members, teachers, and community businesses. Donations can be an amount per foot the baseball travels or a flat amount. Funds raised are for equipment and other budget necessities.
There will be music and entertainment during the hitting contest. The concession stand will be open throughout. Clairemont Baseball hats, tee shirts, and sweat shirts will be on sale. Please come out and Support your Clairemont Chieftains!
When: Saturday March 8th, 2014
Where: Ernie Beck Field, Clairemont High School
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Who is welcome: Players, parents, family members, alumni, and community members.
The Bomb-A-Thon Process
1. Players will go around their community soliciting donations based on how far they will hit a baseball during the Bomb-A-Thon. Flat rate donations are also welcome.
2. Distance markers will be set up on the baseball field.
3. Each player from J.V. and Varsity teams will get 10 swings.
4. The longest ball hit will be measured and counted for calculating the amount of donation for the players to collect.
5. Players will then collect their donations by the following Friday, March 2nd.
The Varsity players will stick around after the home run derby to play in a game against the alumni. All alumni baseball players are welcome and encouraged to come and play if only for an inning or two.